Just some big tall dude who Loves God and Loves People.
This never made clear sense to me until today. Let me expound:
God created man, man sinned, man inherently rejects God. God reaches out to man through Israel and the Prophets. This is called ‘Special’ revelation. Let me explain.
You see Psalm 19:1 tells us this: ” The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.” (NIV)
This is called ‘General’ revelation. From the beginning God has revealed himself in creation. Everywhere you look you can see the work of God. The only problem is this ‘General’ revelation is not enough to know God personally. We can know OF God through ‘General’ revelation but we cannot KNOW God because of our rebellion, we could not be in relationship with Him.
The next step to our redemption is for us to now KNOW the person of God. This is where we are introduced to ‘Special’ revelation. This is when God chooses an individual to speak through to us (aka. Abraham, Moses, Elijah, Ezekiel, Isaiah, ect). With these Prophets, God gave them His Word. He spoke to man through them all throughout the OT. In other words He revealed his character through Words.
Then along came Jesus. Jesus was the Word become flesh. Jesus is the perfect inspired Word of God incarnate. He embodied the Word. He did not bring the Word of God, He WAS the Word of God in its entirety. God no longer needs to speak to us and reveal Himself to us through Prophets, because He did that completely and perfectly through Jesus Christ. By the grace of God we were not simply given another word from God, but were given God and now have access to Him through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
So to sum it all up, the Word of the Prophets in the OT became flesh in Jesus Christ and will forever be enough for us to be reconciled to God.
Thanks for listening, enjoy your night.
2. My nonexistence is possible.
3. Whatever has the possibility not to exist is currently cause to exist by another.
4. There cannot be an infinite regress of current causes of existence.
5. Therefore, a first uncaused cause of my existence exists.
6. This uncaused cause must be infinite, unchanging, all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-perfect.
7. This infinitely perfect being is appropriately called “God”
8. Therefore, God exists.
9. This God who exists is idential to the God described in the christian scriptures.
10. Therefore the God described in the bible exists.
Good Friday Communion #easter #jesus #goodfriday #hope #worship #communion #family #church (Taken with instagram)
Yooo, check out this sick Vid! its Jokes!!!